Improving student flow through the education-to-workforce pipeline
Policymakers and educators in the state of Indiana have a general understanding of the pipeline, but this understanding needs to be quantified. To identify areas for improving pipeline flow, we’re collaborating with IU campus enrollment managers, partner schools and school boards, and local workforce groups to answer important questions such as:
- What courses are students taking?
- Are students taking career and technical education?
- Are students graduating with certifications?
- Are students taking dual credit courses, and if so, in what subjects?
- Are students who think they are on the path to college actually on that path?
- How many students will enter the workforce?
- What qualifications will those new employees have?
- Are there opportunities to work while studying?
- What proportion of students will remain in Indiana after graduation?
The answers to these questions feed into our Insight Engine, along with pipeline data, to help us discover prospective solutions and interventions.